Leader Marine Products Trading Limited (“Company”)
Personal Data Statement to Customers (“Statement”)
This Statement is to inform the customers of the policies and practices with respect to the collection, use, retention, disclosure, transfer, security and access of personal data adopted by the Company and the owners of properties managed and/or operated by the Company in accordance with the Personal Data (Privacy) Ordinance Cap. 486 (“Ordinance”) and applicable data protection laws. References to “we”, “us”, “our” or “ours” in this Statement are to be construed, depending on the context, as referring to those properties or entities collectively or severally.
- Like many other websites, we record customers’ visits automatically through cookies, which are some small data structures sent to customers’ computers to record their visits to our official website and to identify them during their future visits. Customers may refuse to accept these cookies by activating such setting on their browsers. However, if customers select the cookies refusal setting, they may be unable to fully experience certain features of our websites.
We may also collect information regarding customers’ IP address, browser type, domain name and access time. This information is used for our own research purposes. As it is not linked to any personal information, it is separate from customers’ personal data.
- From time to time, it is necessary for customers to supply us with data in connection with the provision of goods and/or services. Failure to supply such data may result in us not being able to provide the goods and/or services.
- Customers will be asked to confirm their acceptance of and/or consent to the terms of this Statement when making reservations or otherwise communicating with us via this website or as required under applicable laws. Customers’ use or access of this website will also constitute deemed consent/acceptance of the terms of this Statement.
Where a customer provides personal data of third parties (e.g. names and contact details of the customer’s family members or friends for reservation purposes), the customer acknowledges and confirms that the customer has obtained the relevant third parties’ consent to provide their personal data to us.
- We collect the following types of personal data from customers for the purposes mentioned in paragraph 5 below:
- full name and contact information;
- credit card and other payment details; and
- any other information which the customer chooses to provide to us.
- The customer agrees that any personal data with respect to the customer or any other party which has been provided by the customer to us (“Personal Data”) may be disclosed and transferred to the following locations or persons who shall hold, use, process, retain or transfer such Personal Data for the purposes mentioned in paragraph 5 and on a need-to-know basis:
- our corporate office in Hong Kong;
- any agent, contractor, credit provider, financial institution, service provider or professional adviser of ours or any other person under a duty of confidentiality to us;
- any of our holding companies, their subsidiaries and any company in which the same has a direct interest;
- any actual or proposed assignee or transferee of ours; and
- any other party at the customer’s consent or instruction.
- The customer acknowledges and agrees that his/her Personal Data is provided to and retained by us for the following purposes and for other purposes as shall be agreed between the customer and us or required by law from time to time:
- the provision of any goods and/or services to the customer (including membership-related services and responding to inquiries and requests for information or services);
- the analysis, verification and/or checking of the customer’s credit, credit history and payment;
- the ensuring of the customer’s on-going credit worthiness;
- the processing of any payment instructions, direct debit facilities and/or credit facilities requested by the customer;
- the determination of the amount of debt owed to or by the customer and/or the processing and/or collection of amounts outstanding from the customer and those providing security for the customer’s obligations;
- the performance, preparation and enforcement of any agreement between the customer and us;
- in connection with any merger, sale, financing or acquisition of our business by/with another company;
- the meeting of the requirements to make disclosures under the requirements of any law; and
- any other purposes relating to the above.
- We intend to use the customers’ personal information (including their names and contact details) for use in direct marketing of the news, offers, services, promotions, events and other information in relation to our businesses. We may not so use the customers’ personal information without the customers’ consent or indication of no objection. We will always ask for the customers’ consent or indication of no objection before using the customers’ personal information for direct marketing. Customers may always opt-out from receiving our direct marketing by contacting us directly at [email protected]
- Under and in accordance with the applicable data protection laws, the customer has the right to:
- check whether we hold any Personal Data with respect to the customer;
- access such of the Personal Data which we hold with respect to the customer;
- require us to correct any Personal Data which is inaccurate;
- ascertain our policies and practices (from time to time) in relation to the Personal Data and to be informed of the kinds of the Personal Data held by us;
- withdraw consent to the processing of his/her Personal Data;
- erasure of his/her Personal Data;
- restrict data processing;
- object against profiling;
- data portability; and
- lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority (where applicable).
- We will only retain the Personal Data for so long as necessary to fulfill the purposes for which it was collected and for the purposes of satisfying our legal, accounting or compliance-related requirements.
To determine the appropriate retention period, we consider the amount, nature, sensitivity, the potential risk of harm from unauthorised use or disclosure of the Personal Data, the purposes for which we collect/process the Personal Data and the applicable legal requirements.
- Where this Statement is available in any other language, the English version shall prevail whenever there is a discrepancy or conflict between the two versions.